Go Check it out.
http://runsarsrun.blogspot.com/2008/10/empowering-myself-one-step-at-time.html
It starts like this:
Empowering myself, one step at a time
I have had a negative image of myself, particularly of my face and body since, well, forever. I was always the fat girl. I was always the girl struggling for recognition, trying to compensate with my personality but never having quite the ability to keep up the fake energy. See enough of me for too long and you start to see the things I can't cover up all the time, like the bitterness and the self loathing and the desperation, loneliness, the enormous jealousy. Fat girls are supposed to have great personalities. Fat girls are supposed to be smart. Fat girls never get the attention - they're always the sidekick, the one who will hold their skinny girlfriend's purse when she's out on the dance floor. No one can see who the fat girl is behind all her fat; all her excess pounds are a barrier she puts up between her and the world so that no one gets close enough. So that no one sees that she is screaming inside, though she pretends to be happy.
Read the rest here: http://runsarsrun.blogspot.com/2008/10/empowering-myself-one-step-at-time.html
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That was really a great post. Thanks for link me to it.
wow just that little bit sounds like me. makes me want to work hard then I have been on things thanks for posting that. Time to get rid of the fat girl. have a rest of the weekend hope its not wet for you like it is here. Angie
Aww, thank you for posting it up in your blog! :)
No kidding that was a good read. Just exactly how I feel.
hey Heather was wondering the running program you posted for me how many days a week do you do it is two good or should I do three? thanks I did the first session today managed 4 sets of running at 4.9 before William said it was lunch time. hope your doing good were are you????
Post a Comment