Saturday, May 29, 2010

I've made up with my Eliptical

So,

I have ignored my eliptical for a good 2 years. However, this week I have made friends with it again.

Yesterday and today: 40 minutes on the elliptical (400 cals - 5000 steps)

Total steps yesterday: 13,300
Total steps today: 9,000 (5,000 on the eliptical) and an hour of weights etc. I'm sure I will have another 1000 by bedtime.

I would rather have a treadmill than and Eliptical. The reason is I find it easier to get my heart rate high on a treadmill without having muscle soreness in my legs the next day. To get my heart rate up on the Eliptical I have to put the resistance up pretty high. However, stepping along on the eliptical is better than the couch.

When we move to our new house we are going to be really close to a long set of pathways. That is going to be great! I hope to walk/run/bike on those lots!