Thursday, January 28, 2010

Whoa!

I've abandoned my blog(s) for 2 weeks. Sorry about that to anyone who is following along. My lack of posting does not mean that I have not been exercising. However right now I am struggling to find balance in my life. My young offspring (particularly the boy) have caused a bit of grief this week. (notes home from both son's regular teacher and his gym teacher) and I am finding myself exausted by 8pm. I need some sort of recharge or maybe a super-nanny.

I still struggle with having "extra" pounds even though I exercise. I know the only way to lose them for good is to remedy my eating. The problem with my eating is lack of food preparation and at some points even lack of shopping for food at all. This leads to eating what I can get quick like bread and crackers. Until I make food creation a priority I won't be getting anywhere. I know what the problem is. The struggle seems to be to fix it. Perhaps a way to do that would be to make it the priority. Food prep first, then other things. For sure I can find some extra time by clicking less (less time scrolling aimlessly on the interwebs and even cutting out watching supportive YT videos). Less Internet sounds like a no brainer but when the choice is between cook food or exercise, maybe I should pick cooking. (oh joy!)

Anyways... hope all is well with you people! Hope you are getting in all the exercise that you want to be doing. Personally I am glad to be on this side of December 21st. It seems there is more sunshine in the evenings. It isn't entirely dark when I get home from work. Yippeee!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Hey at least you didn't abandon it for 4 months like me ;)

Unknown said...

I have become 100% convinced that, at least for me, having food prepared is critical.

Last night I had to work in Cleveland and came home late. In the past I would have stopped of some where for something to eat but I had enough good stuff packed along with me that I just ate good stuff all the way home and did not enter the house like a hungry bear, grabbing the first thing I could find to eat.

That suppernanny gal is great. She seems to have an answer for every issue.

T

Fatinah said...

hang in there.

have you tried the Cooking for the Rushed cookbooks? the meals are healthy, super easy, fast and each week comes with a ready made Canadian friendly grocery list. Perhaps husband could even help by doing the shopping once in a while?

the meals are great cause you are either eating in 30 minutes or it's just in the oven for 60 - but it's all fast, fast. My family has liked everything I've made from the book so far.

Sarah said...

There's some places that do family cooking nights out (Kulinary Kids). There's the other places where you can just pick out the meals and then all you have to do is pop them in the oven at home.

SeaBreeze said...

Glad you're still working at it. Thanks for the update.