Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Erasing my Fitness Past

You know, I used to be a lot fitter than I am now. So what? I think I need to let go of that and stop whining in my head about how I am not as fit as I used to be and how I am way heavier than I used to be. That just does not help.

So, for now I am an overweight late thirties woman old starting from scratch. This is my life. I'm OK with that.

I made it a week running every other day. Granted I am taking walking breaks. At this point the running : walking ratio is 50:50. But so what. I am going to embrace it, move on, keep working on my begginer's running plan.

I have never read that famous book that tells people you get what you wish for. Frankly that book sounds hokey to me but one thing that they probably have right is that being positive is important. Being negative never gets you anywhere.

Being positive is totally against my personality but I will work on it.

On I go!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Woo Hoo! Now THIS is the positive Sparky I like to see!!! Great attitude!! Sometimes we need to let go of the past (a certain pair of jeans, a number on the scale, a comment someone made) in order to move forward. It sounds like you are there. :)

Steph said...

You go, girl! I just want to feel better. We're going to have fun. When did you say you're moving back here? ;)

Fatinah said...

well, I never thought you whining, but I agree with the philosophy that you've decided to adopt. None of us can change yesterday.

I think your running plan is fan-freakin-tastic! 50:50 ratio is a great start.

She-Fit said...

Great job on working out! Way to go! Keep up the great work. You will get there... it just takes time