Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hornet Hiatus

Sunday I went next door to water the neighbors flowers. As I was walking back to my yard I got a nasty hornet bite on the back of my calf about an inch above my ankle. Ow! I have not had one of those in years and I forgot how much they hurt.

Monday I had a run planned for the morning (both kids were supposed to be at camp) and after my 4 year old balked from her summer day camp I drove to my mom's house where daughter sat on a chair on the patio refusing to go inside while I did my run. (mean Mommy!)

When I got home my ankle area started to throb and the area around the bite was all white. From there it decided to swell up including the top of my foot and it stayed like that for 2 days. It was so swollen that my croc shoe was even tight. (now that is swollen). Thankfully yesterday evening it started to diminish and I can now see the tendons on the top of my feet again. It was creeping me out how puffy it was.

I decided to give today's run a go this morning with the 4 year old in tow on her bike (you know how well that worked last time, not!). Silly me, I ran in front of the girl on a slight hill and she proceeded to run into me slicing a chunk out of that same ankle that I have been nursing. Fun times! I then did a 180 and took her screaming back to the house. Ah the injustice of it all.

I cracked out my free weights today too. I have not used them in a looooooong time and my muscles were like "What the hell are you doing woman!".

My sister bought me 5 sessions with my old personal trainer. I have been putting off going and luckily he went away to Australia for 6 weeks. I will now proceed to dodge their (sister and trainer) phone calls until I feel comfortable with going back. I have really let myself slide (both scale wise and fitness wise). Bad girl!!! At least I'm exercising again right?

Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get a run in tonight if I can elude my captor 4 year old captor. My ankle is feeling pretty good now.

As usual I am struggling with my eating. It is now noon. I am not working. I could go to the store and buy whatever I want but I have no clue what to make for dinner!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, if you're in need of a real-life running partner I'd be up for it. I'm trying 2 nights a week right now doing about 1 i-pod song run and 1/2 i-pod song walk. It's not too bad until the hill at Heritage and the run home, but like you said, it's a start and it is exercise. Keep up the weights, you're body will remember in no time.

jinxxxygirl said...

Hang in there Sparky! You keep trying so your doing everything right! Jinx!

Fatinah said...

I can't believe you broke out the weights again - way to go!