OK people who read this blog.
Time to come clean.
The past 2 years or so have been a steady decline into the "unfit" territory. I slid past my previous "worst weight ever" and kept going. There were no brakes. In 2011 I managed to gain a further 10 pounds over 2010.
I never exercised. I ate unhealthy. I did not restrict my calories. I did not look in the mirror and avoided the camera at all costs.
In June I hired a nanny. It took until late December for her to arrive from overseas. Now that she is here though... almost all burdons have been lifted off of me. I know I am really really lucky. I still have a full time job and the kids still do extracurriculars basically 7 days a week, but still, I now feel like I can breathe.
So, back in September I knew I was sliding in the wrong direction. My friend Nicole had done "Jenny" a few years previously and she completed the program and has been maintaing ever since.
One day I called them up and went in. In the first 3 weeks I lost 11 pounds because I was following it to the T.
However, after that I just mucked about, never stopped going but did not follow the plan and got nowhere. Well, I guess I stopped gaining so there's that...
Anyways... this Wednesday I went in again. It was either quit the program or do it right so I am choosing to do it right. I have one day under my belt of 100% on plan. I *can* do it. I just have to choose to do it.
Roadblock this week: parents are visiting. They are not staying with me so that helps but tonight they are coming over for dinner and Bing is cooking (Bing is our nanny).
Did I mention she makes delicious home cooked meals? That she will cook whatever I ask her to? Ya, hard to face frozen Jenny food when there is fresh cooked whole food as an option... Anyways......
I will stay on the Jenny today. I will only eat non starch veggies and salad from the homemade food choices. I will only drool at the homemade Filipino steak *to die for argh!*
I will report back tomorrow on my success.
I have a 4 week rotation of hormones in my life. I am in a "safe" (non-hormonal crazy) week right now so I should be able to hold the fort. (of will power). Man, I dread the crazy week.... but alas, I don't have to deal with that right now.
Goal # 1: lose 5.4 pounds. That will get me to 220.
From there I will focus on each 10 pound increment.
I feel I would be healthy at 180 even though in theory I would still be 20 pounds overweight. I would be a hell of a lot better off at 180 than I am at 225. What do they say? Progress not Perfection?
And finally....
A big hello to Angela at Knitting Nutty (formerly known as thinby40). You are inspiring me. You are doing the Couch to 5K right now in the midst of all the health issues. Holy crap! I'm embarassed to be such a potatoe when you are dusting yourself off and working at it!
Visit Angela here: http://knittingknutty.blogspot.com/ and cheer her on. She is amazing!!
.
.
Friday, January 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment