Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday August 6th, 2010

So yesterday I said on this blog that I would go running. Good thing I did because I remembered that promise (and I had promised to my virtual running partner Steph too) and I hoisted myself off the couch at 8:30 to go for a run.

It was such a nice night out! This neighborhood totally kicks my old neighborhood's ass. I can run so far without bumping into major intersections and without having to change streets over and over.

I did 5 sets of 3-and-1s. I kind of wanted to do more but with my recent misbehaving knee I decided to take it slow and follow the RR's beginner plan without adding on more and going all crazy at it.

I have 13 weeks to go until my tough 8k race. Yippeee! Not much has changed since last year when I pretty much started from scratch at almost the exact same week in July. So yes, I will be improperly trained but what the heck. It will be fun!!!

Read on if you want to hear some stuff about my life that is unrelated to getting fit:

Today we went to look at carpet. The carpet in our bedrooms is icky with a capital I. There is also lots of icky-ish carpet in the basement but that will be a separate project. I am pretty sure we decided on which carpet to get. Now to convince the husband that yes, we should spend all that money right now! :)

We also got two new couches delivered today for our "den". Until now we had been sitting out the small sectional from our old house which we had taken apart to make 2 weird couches (one obviously had just one arm since it is a 90 degree sectional). It is nice to have couches with proper comfy arms again.

So now the old sectional is in the living room which was previously bare of furniture. Once we get more of the basement organized it will go down there and we will get some "real" furniture for the living room.

This place is a bit of a money pit right now. We are still trying to figure out how to vent the dryer properly. (the current vent is not working at all, stupid vent!). I want to keep the momentum rolling and do the things that we want to do (like paint, change baseboards, change doors, carpet, you know, the little things :). I don't want it to be like the last house where stuff sat undone for 4+ years until we decided to sell it. Also, I don't want to have renovating on the brain for a terribly long time. I want to get it done and get back to focusing on fitness etc. not just be doing it as an afterthought.

Hockey starts up in about 7 weeks so the more we do now the better. It is going to cramp our time with 2 kids playing.

I have been surfing around for a used treadmill. Hopefully I can find one. My sister in Ottawa scored herself a decent one for only $500. Sahweeet! I had thought I would buy a new one but with bigger fish to fry with my $$$ I'm going to see what I can find.

No comments: