Wow, I seem to be a real blog slacker these days. Could be that I am busy packing up stuff to move or it could just be that I don't have much to stay?
I was on a real walking kick for a while there. One day I even walked almost all the way home from work (I walked about 9k. 11k would have got me home). That was a looooooooong ass walk. The only reason I didn't walk all the way was that my son has to be at his last hockey thingie and husband was running late. I never planned on walking all the way home. It just sort of happened. Anyways... maybe walking that long all of the sudden is not such a good idea.
Since then my knees have been a bit whinge-y (how do you spell that?) and it has been a little bit freaky. Words out of my mouth lately: "Have I wrecked my knees?" "Am I screwed for the rest of my life?" "I'm too young for knee surgery!" quickly following by "If I did get knee surgery how long would that buy me until I needed it again?" and a lot of "Stupid knees!"
I think maybe I just overdid it with the walking combined with running downhill at bootcamp the week previously (that is totally something I don't normally do). Anyways... now I am super cautious. I'm hoping that it was just a warning shot over my bow and if I take it easy for a week more that I will be back to normal.
I did go back to my last day of bootcamp yesterday but I just walked down the hill.
Today I got to go for a bike ride in the countryside with my husband. It was so great! We actually had a real live babysitter who was not my mother take care of the kids while we were out cycling!!! WOW!!!
Paging Hazel to her bike. Lets ride!
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment