I did my third time of 2x8&1s on Saturday. It was a nice little run on the pathway by myself but a beautiful day. It was quite comfortable.
Later in the day on Saturday Hazel called me up and said I should come with her to run club on Sunday morning. Even though I was not scheduled to run I went anyways and did two sets of 10 and 1s. It was a little bit hard because the run club we went involved a giant hill at the beginning. Yikes! The next step up in my running plan was two sets of 10 and 1s. There was only one small group at this run club and they were training for a 10K so we did the two sets of 10 & 1s with them and then started walking while they kept going.
A big thank you to Hazel for coaxing me out early on the weekend. It was great to run with a friend!!! :)
I am enjoying taking it slow. My goal is to keep going and each little run is keeping me going. We have 2 more weeks of our Beginner Training program. At the end we will be running 20 minutes continuous.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
good for you Heather I wish I lived in my old neighbourhood so I could get out walking this one we are in now I don't feel safe out by myself with the baby walking. We had a girl go missing a block away from our place scary stuff in Ottawa
you're lucky to have a Hazel... I wish I had one! ;-)
Post a Comment