Today was my first 20 minutes in a row, no breaks.
Yes!
It felt great.
Tiny steps got me here. Some people might not understand my excitement. Two months ago running for 1 minute was hard (ish). Each step along the way was a challenge and I made it all the way to 20 minutes. (as did my friend Steph. Yay us!)
My neck and shoulders are all screwed up today. It is as if every muscle in my neck and shoulders are clenched tight. I can move my head, but only carefully. Still... I ran anyways. Yippeee.
I am comitting to running 3 times a week for good. 3 times a week is do-able. I can face the cold, the snow, the ice 3 times a week. Running 5-7 times a week can get to be a chore. For now 3 will be good. I'm OK with that. I'll certainly think about it again down the road but for now I am just happy that I can do this.
Now that my beginner plan has ended... the new plan is to keep my runs continuous holding at 20 minutes for 3 weeks then adding on about 2 minutes a week to each run until the runs are all 30 minutes.
Baked Southwest Turkey Meatballs
18 hours ago

6 comments:
Yay for the CW! We rock!
I'm committing to three times a week, too. Onward with the plan. We're still doing it together, right? I feel as if there are still challenges ahead i.e. breathing....
wow - great work!!
yay for you. i bet it feels great. i'm doing 3x's walks per. as you say it's doable. yay on to week 2
I totally get your excitement.
baby steps to HUGE CHANGES is what works for me in all realms of my life.
Miz.
Yea!!! Way to go!!!
It almost sounds like you are promoting consistency in your plan:)
Good job, Stay strong.
Terry
Post a Comment