Monday, April 20, 2009

Dear Blogosphere

Truth be told I have been hiding out from you. Basically, I have not been doing so well. I don't want to spread negativity therefore no blogging.

Today could be the day though. Today could be the day that I stop thinking of myself as a loser, stop being overwhelmed by my life and get on with being the best, healthiest, fittest me I can be.

Spring is a good time for new starts. Even if you thought you'd never need another 'new start'.

12 comments:

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Hey, new starts are the "in thing"! Nothing sucks worse than just letting defeat win.

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

Heather,

Spring is a time for new beginnings. One of the nice things about being alive is we get to start over...at least sometimes with somethings.

Maybe we are not really starting over but simply coming out of a dormant state. Flower bulbs do that, animals do that, why can't we?

Take advantage of "Spring is in the air" to get things going again.

Terry

Amber said...

Yea for Spring and for new starts!!! Think of all the little babies that are born in nature in the spring and take all summer to grow strong.

Sarah said...

Hey, I have a chariot for my bike now so if you want a biking partner, give me a shout! You could be my inspiration to start riding for the first time in ~2 years.

zurplemoon said...

do something. do anything. do you want it?
yes you do it feels so good.
you can do anything you want. believe and it will happen.
no more hiding. it's not helping you.
ok stepping off the soap box

nickiechickie said...

Negativity out for sure! You are worth it my friend, you have a long time left on this earth and you need to make it count. I am looking forward to a long walk with you, and wondering how much farther we will go compared to last time.

SeaBreeze said...

Its 50/50 Mental and Physical. Maybe try going for a run or bike just for the sake of the sport instead of time/training/etc? That always helps me get it back into perspective.

jinxxxygirl said...

Sparky,

You don't have to be perfect. We all have slumps. Times when we just don't feel like it or we fall off the wagon. I just gave my daughter this advice..." If you don't like the direction your life is going.....pick new coordinates! " But don't hide girl. Come......post.......talk.....even if it has absolutely nothing with diet and exercise. Maybe it will help put things in perspective. If your not enjoying what your doing (or not doing) then its time to change it up! Miss ya Jinx!

Broken Annie, or is it really Annie? said...

Oh, Heath...don't hide...it gets too easy to keep hiding...take it from me...I'm a hiding pro...it's what I do best in life when I am feeling down with myself...I wonder if it's genetic??!! :)

I'll make you a deal...I have been hiding too...I am terrified that I won't be able to lose the weight I gained since I broke the ankle...I have been terrified to start exercising again...what if I simply CAN't lose the weight? what if I am destined to be fat and alone?...these are all the things I think of daily..so, how about I go through the 'new start' with you...I am SOOOO totally due for one!
We can set some kind of goal and go for it...I think I will make a poundage goal of 20lbs by family reunion time...I will have to dust off my beautiful Ironman scale, weigh myself later, when I get home...can't really do that at work :)
are you in?

Heather said...

You guys are all awesome! Thanks for you comments. I *REALLY* appreciate the support!

Annie: Although I would love to make a pact with you, all signs point to "Not right now.".

Right now I cannot make any scale goals. It just is not realistic for my schedule for the next 2 months (see latest post for whining about that). Also scale goals don't work for me. They almost work backwards. Lets talk soon though and see what we can work out.

Broken Annie, or is it really Annie? said...

Heath...I only put the poundage goal on MYSELF...I actually thought of you not being able to do that at this time...I was thinking more like an "I will not bring any chips or you fill in the blank here into the house" kinda goal...or "I won't beat myself up for this" kinda goal...or "I will read a cool self help book about beating the food addiction" type of goal...anything you want deary :)

Fatinah said...

good Lord - I hope you aren't waiting for Spring in Calgary to come to get started! HAHAHA Can you believe we are waiting for more snow tonight?

I do hope you find your mojo again....I feel so sad that you get so down on yourself...