I found this girl in the park who wanted to walk fast so I chased her around for an hour. Man is she fast! Along the way I got to tell her all about my wacky mother and her latest scheme. We went 6.1K in an hour. Not too bad. OK, it wasn't a stranger it was my friend. Did you think I was that weird?
After the walk I dusted off the kids bikes and the kids rode to the school and played on the playground. While they were doing that I remembered something I'd seen on TV and tried to use the time to do some exercise moves. I climbed a couple of things and attempted the monkey bars. I am not meant to do monkey bars. :)
I even got down and did some crunches, some (half) pushups, walking lunges and jump squats on the stairs to the school. If I had been more motivated I could have really made myself work. As it was I was just experimenting.
Anyways... I am moving more and that is a good thing.
Take care bloggers!
Here is a photo of my youngest. Her bike has a basket so she was the keeper of the stuffies that came along.
PS. Apparently I got 3K of walking in while the kids were riding and playing. Not too shabby!

6 comments:
Sounds like your having fun girly. Ain't that what its all about?? Jinx!
Good for you. I've tried the monkey bar workout and its tough. I may just stop by one on my "leisure run" today.
In all honesty, one of the big reasons I'm having a child is so that I can play on all the new fangled playscapes without looking like a complete lunatic. I'll be all like: "Yeah, I'm just playing with the little one." Right. :0)
Sounds like you had a fun day. Fun exercise is the best.
careful Sparky - sounds like you lived a healthy lifestyle day! That sounds like it was a) a great full body workout and b) a lot of fun with the kids - those are the things that they will remember when thinking about how active their mom was!!
Any weekend morning you want to walk fast give me a call!
cute. I love this time of year too. We have been out a walking as well. I will be taking more pictures of our walks and posting them on the blog. went out today to the dog park and we were out for an hour and a bit. your doing great keep it up Angie
Post a Comment