Saturday, March 28, 2009

Walking

A lot of people poo poo walking and might even declare that it is not 'real' exercise.

The other day my car was making a weird noise so I sent it to the shop for an emergency checkup. That left me with no car so I did a bunch of walking that day. I was a little surprised at the effort it took me to walk up hills etc. which got me thinking about walking and how if you put your mind to it it can be a good low impact workout.

Once I figure out when Michelle is back today (or if she is going to bail on our ride) I am hopefully going to go for a powerwalk with Hazel (and possibly Nickiechickie) this afternoon. However, the 'fake-spring' weather might have other ideas. We'll see.

Go away 'fake-spring'. Bring on 'real-Spring'!

5 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

I definately do not 'poo poo' walking. I love to walk. Especially arm and arm with hubby. LOL! But no really , i find walking fast harder on my body than running. Wierd i know. But fast walking hurts my knees more than if i break into a jog.I always walk a mile after my run too. Too cool down and just get some extra calorie burn from making the workout last longer. Move you body! Thats all that really matters! Jinx!

Fatinah said...

I find walking fast (not brisk, but fast) way harder on my body (read knees) than running. Ironically, I run cause I'm too lazy to walk fast. HAHA

angie nicholas said...

walking is awesome this is my first missed day and it is only due to the rain can't take the baby out it in. Hey were did your vids go huh????

Angie said...

I love to walk...I lost the majority of my weight that way because for me jogging is murder on the knees. I want Spring to be here for real too!

Marissa said...

Walking is great exercise!! Sure, you have to make sure you're not just strolling along but it's great and such a nice change of pace from running sometimes.