Last post was March 1st? *phewsh* that is a while!
As far as I can tell there are 3 common reasons for people to stop posting on their weight loss / fitness blogs.
1) Boredom. Just bored with blogging.
2) Busy. Busy with other stuff in life. Making that other stuff a priority.
3) Hiding out. Not on track. No losing, maybe gaining.
So... I am not all that busy though I was on a Scrapbooking roll for a while.
Bored? Maybe a little.
Leaving #3. So. #3. Yes, #3. When I look back at myself as I was last August I now think, gee. That was not so bad. What was I so down on myself about (bloody evil scale). As I sit here March 16th I wonder: What the hell has come over me these past months. Yes I got busy. But not horribly busy. I dropped my personal training session from twice a week to once to zero. I stopped logging my food. I stopped focussing on excercise. All these things lead to #3.
This is all very tiresome really.
Anyways... I have been doing my biking. The rest of it has slid. Oh what I would give for a magic wand that would convert my half ironman into a 5K fun race. Frak.
Baked Southwest Turkey Meatballs
18 hours ago

6 comments:
hmm, I don't know whether to say
a) Hang in there, or
b) I so know what you mean!!
I guess both apply - you're still doing your biking, which you love, and it's good for your heart. I guess the only thing that makes me want to say hang in there is that you seem unhappy with where your body size is. It is tiresome. Exhausting sometimes, I find. I took a break and found that what was even more exhausting was not being happy with where I was.
As for BSG - they had that one great episode where we found out a ton, and since then it has been dullsville. The finale better be good.
Girl, thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It really means alot to me.
You know maybe the half ironman was a mistake??? We all make them. This is afterall suppose to be fun. Or at least enjoyable. Not punishment. And you really seem to be struggling with the parts of it that are not biking. I know you don't want to back out of something you promised to do but if its affecting how you feel in your every day life and how your approaching your fitness maybe its time to let it go and just get on with life. We all make mistakes. This is a journey and we are learning as we go. This seems to be making you absolutely miserable and that can't be the answer. Sign up for a 50 -100 mile charity bike ride instead. LOL! I don't know i just hate to see you struggling so. Chin up! JInx!
Hang in there. MAYBE mix up your workout and do something for "fun". When I get bored I like to kayak, rock climb, skate, play in the park, or snowboard. Just an idea...
I'll go ahead and echo that keeping it fun is vital. Jeese, I have gotten so bored with exercise. I can't wait for the weather to turn so that I can get in more hikes (provided I'm up to it). One of these days I WILL take up kayaking too. Whatevever you decide, I hope you are proud of the fact that you make physical activity a priority in your life.
Sounds like its time to get your aarse in gear! You still have time, unless you don't really want to do it - there is no shame in that either...but if your gonna regret not doing it you better get yourself a plan!
Thanks gang! You guys are the best!! :)
Post a Comment