Friday, November 21, 2008

Thursday

Cycling Class. My legs were sore from personal training on Tuesday.

Workout:
4.9K warmup
1 set of 1 legged drills (45 second intervals)
2 sets of 135% Threshold drills of 10 x 15 seconds with 30 seconds rest
1 set of 100% threshold x 60 seconds, 110% x 45 seconds, 110% x 30 seconds (I might have those times off)

The 135% threshold drill was deadly. This was the first class that I felt it was actually hard. Which actually means this is the first time that I worked really hard because it is as hard as you make it.

I was not wearing my HRM so no idea what my calories were. I managed to stick to 1500 calories plus and extra 250 'payout' for the excercise so I'm quite happy about that. It was easy to do because during the time of day that I normally get into trouble with my eating I was off at my class and when I came home I was really conscious of not 'blowing it'.

Thanks to everyone for you nice comments on my last post. Especially from Marshmallow. Wow! Marshmallow left me a comment! :) hehehe

3 comments:

SeaBreeze said...

Yay for a challenging spinning class. I want to get back to spinning, but I feel awkward in that class when I am the newbie. I think the instructor intimidates me, so I will try one at a different gym.

Unknown said...

Heee! I know, I'm surprised, sometimes I forget that I am *actually* capable of leaving comments :-P

That spinning class sounded awesome! Glad to hear you worked hard :-D

Angie said...

Hi Sparky, thanks for commenting on my obscure little blog. I've been really slow and reluctant in actually writing anything in it. I can imagine you are nervous about the upcoming ironman...but what incentive! Big news on my end...I'm 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant :0) Holy crap. I was waiting to hit the three month mark to finally make a video, but I could use the well wishes etc. Keep going strong sparkster.