I did 30 minutes of Eliptical in the morning and another 50 in the evening. (strictly as an attempt to burn calories). I tried to put in a good effort for part of the 50 minutes in the evening but mostly it was just deedling along keeping my legs moving. I had the gumption to go longer but my knee started to say "Hello" so I packed it in. Between the two times I probably burned 800+ calories.
My secret to being able to do long boring workouts is to use my portable DVD player to watch interesting TV series on DVD. That is kind of a treat for me because by using the DVD player I can watch shows that are not suitable for little ears and eyes.
Deborah: You said you don't like excercise. However, if you tune out by watching a show the time can pass quickly. The best kind of burn like that in my opinion is a treadmill (not Elliptical) set on the highest incline it will go. You can burn up lots of calories that way. I know you live in a small cabin but it would be nice if you could have a treadmill in there. We have our Elliptical in our Living Room. It looks stupid but what the hell. If you were walking on a treadmill you could even read a book to pass the time. Something to think about.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sparky, thanks for being a great cheerleader!
Hey, where do you put the DVD player? I have a small one too & I'd totally enjoy watching a show while I'm working out. I don't use my treadmill because of the boredom & this would really help.
your doing great. Angie
Post a Comment