Monday, November 10, 2008

Saturday + Sunday workouts + My Eating

Saturday:

1 hour session on bike doing a real life video course (Flanders) on my Tacx Fortius trainer. I tried to keep an eye on my power output. At my bike class my threshold is set to 160 watts. I tried to keep my power at or above that. I think 160 might be a little low for me but I won't pipe up about that just yet.

Sunday:

50 minute easy Elliptical watching Deadwood Season 2. It was a very easy effort. I don't think my heart went above 115. Burned up 500 calories according to the machine so better than watching TV on the couch.

Food and Weight:

My weight has been really bad for several months (since July really). I seem to be hovering in the mid to high 190s which for me is not good. Halloween was really bad when I bought candy 2 weeks ahead of time and then proceeded to eat it for 2 weeks.

Anyways. Yesterday I pulled out my old weight watchers stuff and started journaling points. I didn't stick to the points that I wanted to (goal is 29) but it is a start. I know I can be successful if I follow WW. The key is to make myself do it (duh!). I think I will give it a go with a 'food rest day' every Saturday. On that day I will eat whatever I want regardless of points. If that doesn't work so hot I will rethink it. I just think that having one day off from food restriction will prevent a plateau and will maybe give me strength on the other 6 days. We shall see.

I know from experience two very important things.

1) I cannot out-train a bad diet (Thanks Terry for that eternal gem)
2) Running is easier when you are lighter.

So, I will give shadowing WWs a whirl and reassess in a week. I am really hating how my clothes are feeling and the fact that I am wearing clothes that I previously put aside because they were too big.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never give up, never surrender.

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

Glad to see you sill holding on to "you can't out train a bad diet".

I know that I try.

Terry
todays word verification is premefi

angie nicholas said...

I love Terry's saying too. you and I will both get this eating under control we can do it. Make it Happen Shock Every one. I hear ya on the wearing clothes that you don't want to be wearing I am right there with ya and wearing some mat clothes still.

Fatinah said...

I'm glad you're trying WW - I need the company!