Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Reluctant Trainee

So today I really did not want to go to my personal training. I think it was mostly because since I've dropped down to 1 day a week I've become weak (because I have not been doing strength work on my own).

I was a grumpy little camper. I hated running on the treadmill. It killed me to do my second set of 20 (modified) pushups. I whined the whole time. I believe at one point I said "I thought I told you I didn't want to do any more legs today!" and "I only have enough time for half an hour. I've got somewhere I need to be". (he didn't buy that) I am in some sort of funk and have been for quite some time. I am freaked out that I signed up for that half ironman on a whim. Crap Crap Crap. This is a steep mountain in front of me. There aint no running away from it this time. This could get ugly.

Regarding my last rant about my Google Reader: Don't be afraid of the Following Feature of Blogger. Just be aware that it might change your Google Reader around. However, if you check the settings you will find that there is a spot to tell it not to bring in your 'Followed blogs' or something like that.

5 comments:

angie nicholas said...

about your question about hubby watching the baby so I could work out. he tried but the baby was too upset and over tired and just wanted mommy and now today I am not feeling so hot. you'll pull out of this funk soon Angie

Deborah said...

Now, come on Sparky. You've been a real inspiration to me thus far. You've got it all together in my eyes. You have to get out there and get to that gym more than once a week (or will that cost more?) so you can get ready for the ironwoman event. You can do it, I know you can. So Rah, Rah, Sis, Boom, Bah. You've just had your cheering on. Get out there and get your act together.

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

Wow, you are much braver than I. I never occured to me to tell my trainer what I intended to do during a particular session.

I guess I just have mean trainers and coaches. They are not into negotiation or listening to my whining.

Being serious for a minute if you are down to one session a week you should really be looking forward to that time and being pushed hard. I know you know how to work hard, you have proven that before.

I am sending you a virtural "kick in the pants". You know what it takes to reach your goal.

Enjoy your turkey day.

Terry

SeaBreeze said...

At least you were able to acknowledge your funk. I know where you're at and it can be hard to wrap your head around.

The BF was scheduled to run a 5K race with me on the 6th, but now he has an exam that day :(

Unknown said...

Acknowledging the funk is definitely the hardest - your trainer will appreciate you telling him that more than skirting around it (that's how I've managed to get such great results with my trainer and I have a great relationship with him)

And regarding the 500 calorie thing on my blog? That wasn't a typo, it definitely was 500 calories.

You'll get through this. {{HUGZ}}