Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Enough with the Whining

OK. Fine. This really has to stop. How will I get anywhere if I am always negative, scared and hard on myself? Really.

I need to keep my eye on my handy dandy real life role models (Nicole for eating, Amber for pushing harder, Hazel for being brave and unafraid to reach for things and Jamie for dedication and working out when it sucks).

I will not be afraid of this training. I will not worry about my weight (although damn, if I get any heavier I am in big trouble as far as potential injuries). I will just do it and be proud. Right? I have over 6 months to get myself to a shape that I can finish this race upright and smiling. I will do it.

No more whining and fear. This is going to be fun! Oh ya.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

What if you hid the scale - or got husband to do it for you? If you want a(nother) running partner, give me a shout - you could be my role model and that may give you a boost as well.

angie nicholas said...

you can do it heather. I know you can. We both can do it. remember shock every one and make it happen no excuses right?

Fatinah said...

the thing is, you CAN do this. I really believe that, and on some level, you must also since you signed up. What I'm wondering is what is your actual goal here. Is it to do the Ironman, ie participate & finish? If you do the amount of exercise you've blogged about earlier in the year, you'll be prepared. And you already know that you CAN do that amount. Training for this doesn't mean hours and hours of exercise. It means training smart. It means talking to your personal trainer or some such professional to see what you need to do. I think the running room may run courses for this - perhaps an internet RR course would work for you. I think once you hit your groove, you will find this fun!!

SeaBreeze said...

Six months is plenty of time to train, but let's be serious for a minute.

Are you training for a race or are you trying to lose weight? These are two VERY different goals that require different training plans and focus. You may need to decide which is your primary focus and which is a "nice bonus" from the first. It's just a suggestion, but when training for a race your body needs proper fueld. When attempting to lose weight you're trying to create a 500 calorie deficit per day...

Deborah said...

You GO girl!!

jinxxxygirl said...

Thats how you move forward. Signing up for something bigger than you are is a good thing. You can do this. Looks like the only one with doubts is you! Just let go. Commit yourself to this wholeheartedly and you will succeed! Have faith in yourself! Deb