Monday, February 25, 2008

Cross Training - Strength & Abs with Trainer

Good workout. Warmup was 11 minutes (or so) on Elliptical. 3 min. warmup at level 6. 2 minutes at level 12 (really hard to keep my cadence above 120), 2 minutes rest at level 6 and another 2 minutes at level 12. Then, 10 sets of stairs fast.



Other stuff included press on the ball (12 pounds), standing lunge with knee drive (boo), Step up on the stairs (step up two steps, drive knee, while holding 10 pounds I think), ab work including 30 seconds 'bicycling' (that is no fun), regular crunches with knees in the air, arms and legs holding on to ball then alternate opposite arms and legs down, side leg raises with trainer pushing on leg for resistance, same thing with clams, hammer curls, bent over rows with one hand on ball and one arm at a time (12 pounds), same position but tricep extensions. Yippee for no dips!



Not sure if that is all I did but who can remember! :)



Thinking of going to swim laps after Scrapbooking. I'm supposed to swim once a week in prep for my April sprint Triathlon but swimming laps really bores me these days. Funny, last June I was loving swimming laps because it got my heart rate up.... No so much anymore...

3 comments:

sauchagirl said...

Hi Heather,
I'm glad you commented over at my blog. That way I got to find yours. I'm so amazed at anyone that can compete in a Triathalon. That's awesome! I'll check back and see how your doing.

Steph said...

Hey Heather!
Half of this is like a foreign language to me, but as always I admire your efforts to stay fit and eat well! You are an inspiration!
steph

Heather said...

I am not sure how I reply to specific comments. I am a blogger dummy!

Anyways...

sauchagirl: Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. You are so nice!

Steph: thanks for your support. sometimes it seems like I am standing still with my weight but I am very excited to have something to work towards excercise-wise.