So on Monday I had my working with the trainer. He had me do those standing lunges where you drop your knee all the way to the mat then drive the knee up in the air. They are Hard with a capital H.
Anyways, Tuesday morning I wake up going "Ow!". I tried stretching my quads throughout the day but by the end of the workday they still hurt a little when I poked them with my finger.
I asked the running expert husband if I should run or not and his advice was that running with sore muscles was not a great idea at this stage of the game (having only just started running) so reluctanly I did not do my Tuesday run. I did not replace it with other excercise either a) because Husband suggested we have a family night (rare, since he works out every day normally) and b) Tuesday used to be my one day off from excercising.
*sigh* I am slightly sad that I did not run but I'll get over it. Now to decide what to do tonight. I have the Biggest Loser PVR'd so I might do an Elliptical workout. I find I have a really good workout (longer, harder) while watching the Biggest Loser. Somehow it is really motivating.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment