
(view from my room this weekend)
I would love to go to the biggest loser ranch but it is not a possibility for me. If I can't go away for a whole week, what about a weekend?
Last week I was playing around on Hotwire and found a deal for an unamed hoted for $156 all in for 2 in a nearby picturesque town.
I asked husband if he he was interested in a family weekend getaway. Unfortunately my son has a hockey game early on the Saturday morning of the proposed weeked so that would not work out so hot (get up early, drive back to city, play game, drive back to hotel). However, my husband being the gem that he is suggested that I take off for a quiet weekend by myself. For $156 dollars that sounded like a fabulous idea.
I left straight from work today and settled in at 5pm. Perfect.
Today at work I did not get a chance to go for a walk at lunch because the whole company (including me) went offsite for a tour. Sooooo.... my fitbit stats today are not fabulous... but I'm ok with that. I know I will get lots of moving myself tomorrow and Sunday.
Meanwhile... I have a stocked mini fridge with healthy food from home and I am a happy clam. I brought veggies, fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, cooked chicken breats and bought some milk when I got here.
Some might find it weird that I did not bring along a friend and that I went away all by myself. I don't have a huge number of friends and those I have I rarely see.... but... I am the kind of person that is OK with a little solitude. For 2 days I will have no responsibility as a mother, wife or homeowner. Saweeeet!!!!
My plan is to eat healthy, get myself moving, and get some reading in too.
Thanks Seabreeze for the question about the Fitbit.
I will write a post next week once I have been using it for a week. So far I am super happy with it. I find it really motivating to get moving instead of sitting. The sleep data is pretty cool too.


3 comments:
YEA! Sounds like you had a great, peaceful time!!
screw friends get away. I did that for my birthday for years. So what did you do?
Post a Comment