Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I really like this quote.

When parents allow their children to take risks, it sends an important message, "My parent trusts my ability to make good decisions and, therefore, my parent has confidence in my abilities."


Man, sometimes it feels like the air is always buzzing with helicopters. If only the helicopters could digest that little nuggest of advice. By micromanaging your kid's life you are telling them "You are not capable to do this yourself". Is that the message you want to send to them?

Another quote I like:

Your school aged child do not need a security detail when they leave your house to go to the park on your street.

So true. At least where I live.

Maybe it will swing the other way by the time I am a grandmother. I hope so.

http://freerangekids.wordpress.com/
.
.
.

2 comments:

Elizabeth, Reily and Payton said...

Did you hear about the NBC ice cream truck experiment? Just this week?

Elizabeth, Reily and Payton said...

Did you hear about the NBC ice cream truck experiment? Just this week?