And by "Frilly" I mean another word that starts with "F".
Tonight's Cycling class was 90 minutes of ass kicking. It was great!
The hardest event of the evening was a 15 kilometre set of 5 hills. They were each 650m and we were supposed to stay at 80 rpm. I managed to stay at 80 rpm for the first 3 and then my rpms starrted going down with each hill.
Lucky for me the computer 'slows' you down ie) calculates that you have traveled more slowly up the hill the heavier you are. (and by lucky I actually am being sarcastic). If you are in the system at 120 pounds for example you will go up the hill in less time than a person in the computer at 190 pounds even if the two of you are putting in the exact same effort.
So ya, I'm the person in the computer at 190 pounds and everyone else is 150 or less. So basically I got a much harder workout than them because I was on the hills way longer thanks to the computer making calculations based on weight. I'm OK with that. The teacher actually set this one woman's weight to 60 pounds (not a typo) to make it easier for her . She was giving the super-fast-young guy a run for her money because of her tiny (fake) weight.
I didn't care that I was last. I do wish I was less than 190 pounds though so I can go faster on the computer. (Although I am usually ahead of the lightest woman even with the handicap unless they put her in at 60 pounds :). It could be worse. It could be my real weight in there which was 11 pounds heavier than 190 this morning. Oh well. I am working hard. The rest will come.
It is weird. My coughing and chest congestion seems to have disappeared in the course of today. Very strange.
Baked Southwest Turkey Meatballs
18 hours ago

1 comment:
I am so glad to see what a great attitude you have about the "computer thing"!! You are right, you are getting the best workout in the room and really, if you are kickin' skinny butt then you are really kickin' butt!! Keep up the awesome roll you are on - I'm livin' vicariously through you. :)
Post a Comment