Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 8, 2013

Hello people who read my blog!

 Happy New Year!

Looks like I have not posted since late October.

I have NOT been a very busy girl in terms of FITNESS.

I was on a big roll with walking A LOT up until August.  I got sidetracked by a couple of things and that was that.

September things usually go to crap for me.  It is pretty predictable actually.

On a positive note we are now past the hump of the kid's hockey season.  Only 2 more months to go until sweet glorious freedom (oops!  bad attitude).

In November I had part of my thyroid taken out.  It was not causing symptoms but it was bulging in my neck and was not stopping growing so out it came.  I am just now (tomorrow) getting around to getting my levels tested.  I have packed on 6 pounds since my surgery.  However, that may or may not have anything to do with my thyroid levels.  It certainly has something to do with the Christmas candy I started eating in November.  (DAMN!)

This week I started making an effort in the walking dept. again.  The weather has not been completely menacing so I have made it for a couple of outdoor walks.  Once I even went for a walk with my sister who lives in Ottawa.  We "walked" together over the phone until her cell phone died  :)  That was fun.  Walking alone is just plain B.O.R.I.N.G!!!!

Yesterday a Facebook friend posted a photo of himself from highschool.  That got me into a mood to scan some of my photos.  Damn.  I don't remember ever being that skinny!  I was a skinny 17 year old!  Who knew?  That was a loooooooong time ago though...

So, things are good with me right now.  I am not where I should be with my weight or fitness but I am in a state of mind that I feel I can work on it.

How are you blog lurkers?

2 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

Hi HEather!!!

So glad to see you post! And so happy you stopped by RunDebRun....Now i'll know that even though you may not comment you'll always be lurking OOOOooooo.....spooky . LOL!Glad to hear your walking.....hubby and i walked a couple miles tonight. I agree going by yourself is BORING...i enjoy the music on my ipod though and that helps alot.......Hugs! deb

Amber said...

Glad to see you are back! I agree with Deb . . . . music is always what motivates me to get out the door. I also have a couple of downloaded podcasts (Jillian Michaels, the Nutrition Diva) that I like to listen to as well ('cause goodness knows I can never hear half of it with a car full of kids!).
Attitude is everything and it sounds like you are back on a positive track! Keep up the tough work!