OK, just in case you were thinking of taking your 4 year old along on her bike on your next run... Don't do that!
I thought she could handle it. Flat ground. Me running one minute, walking one minute for a total of 20 minutes.
I went 'out' 14 minutes (ie. 4 minutes past what would be half way to allow for some extra walking at the end). At 18 minutes we were about a kilometer away from the car when Little Miss 4 year old decided she was done with biking and she was not getting back on. Argh! ( I did enjoy the first 14 minutes though)
Anyways... I bet it would work better with the 6 year old. He can roller blade like the dickens and also would last longer on his bike. I will try that out sometime. Right now he is a limp noodle on the couch with a fever. Considering he was very sick with similar symptoms 4 weeks ago I am trying not to worry.
So in summary: I got my third run done. *phewsh*!
Hazel: are we going to move on to 2 & 1's or do another week of 1 &1s.
Thanks for checking in bloggers!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Woot Woot!! Even with a sick child and less than perfect running conditions (taking a 4 year old along), you managed to get your run done in time. Way to go!!!
awesome, awesome job!!
Congrats on the running! I wanted to answer your question about the Bodybugg. Basically you wear it all day and it has sensors on it that measure body heat, your pulse and a bunch of other stuff. At the end of the day it will tell you how many calories you burned in that 24 hour period. Go check out apex fitness or just do a search for bodybugg to read more details. It's AWESOME and I love mine...good luck on your journey!
good tip...I was planning on bringing my 8 year old on bike...but last time I tried she pulled pretty much the same thing as yours...not sure I want to engage in that again! LOL
Post a Comment