Do you ever get paralyzed because you have so much to do you don't know where to start? Then you fritter away your time on non-productive stuff like say... reading and typing on the information super highway (can't get enough of that term, I think it is hilarious!)
If so, how do you snap yourself out of it?
I'm thinking at least one person will say to make a list.
Angie: My little man is all better now. Thanks for checking!
Fatinah: That recipe looks awesome! Thanks for posting!
Baked Southwest Turkey Meatballs
18 hours ago

8 comments:
how funny! read my blog! i talk about the same thing...!Jinx!
I often find myself in the same situation. Sometimes I just can't make a decision on what to do first.
Only way I have found to get things going again is to just pick one thing and go for it.
Terry
I do this all the time, I have so much to do I don't know where to start so I don't do any of it.
Making a list helps sometimes.
Wish I knew a better way to do all the stuff I need to do.
Starting with house cleaning and yard work. Yep, there is more, lots more.
haha - is it wrong that when that happens to me (oh, I don't know - EVERY DAY) that I don't even try to snap out of it????
Get out of the house for a day, perhaps get a natural tan and a workout? (and leave the blackberry, itouch, cell phone etc. at home). Maybe shut off the power for the day, save on electricity too?
Every day, EVERY FRICKIN DAY! I tried making a schedule, but so far I haven't stuck to it AT ALL. I'm just focusing on clearing out the clutter hoping once it is gone I will be able to focus better.
well...what I learned in 'Crazy Camp'last summer was this...
You may not be able to do EVERYTHING you want, or that may be on your list, but you CAN do SOMETHING!
We were coached on how to start by filling in an HOURLY schedule...yes that's right...you heard me...and hourly schedule, keeping in mind time for yourself, time for your kids, mandatory things, like eat, sleep rest and workout, (I have a whole list of things to learn to incorporate)...then you follow the schedule as though you were at work...make yourself accountable to somebody... we had to read out loud, weekly, what we SAID we would do and what we ACTUALLY did...you'd be surprised, how much you end up getting done.
You may not continue this habit forever, but it's a great way to start.
I personally am NOT a list maker...I know that there is no point as I will simply lose it forget it or throw it out because I hate it.
Chances are, that if you are getting paralyzed with doing things, you are WAY OVER EXTENDED...start cutting back and start asking for help (hubby and kids).
Take it from someone who knows...burnout is imminent if you don't start working on it...
:)
PS: I also think genetics is an evil, evil thing!! LOL
I know what your talking about we are going threw that right now me going back to work and a move coming up. plus raising our son. I am sure that you will get what needs to be done. Angie
Post a Comment