Wednesday, July 7, 2010

forgetful

OK. So I can be disorganized and forgetful. I have gone to meet my friend Hazel for a ride and forgotten my cycling shoes (my pedals are tiny things that clip into cycling shoes). I've forgotten to bring my shoes to my bike class (impossible to do some of the drills without shoes). Once I even had to wear my trainer's shoes when I went to the gym in my winter boots and forgot those shoes. (I can see some of you cringing... "You wore someone else's shoes????")

The last time I went for a bike ride with hubbie out in the country a couple of weeks ago I forgot my helmet. I decided to ride anyways because I was just so thrilled to get to go riding outside with my husband. (we had gotten a babysitter to do so) I know, I know, I could have gotten brain damage or died if I had been hit or fallen off but I didn't and we were on really quiet roads. The only danger to me was myself. I did have a close call when I was cooing "Oh, arn't you a pretty birdie!!!" to this beautiful blue bird that was sitting on a post at the side of the road . I stopped watching where I was going and almost went off the road into a really steep ditch. Oooops!

Anyways.... last night we got a babysitter last night to go cycling again. We both changed into our nerdy cycling wear and hopped in the car. We first stopped at a golf store to buy hubbie some shoes. I stayed in the car and read. Anyways... we get to our riding spot about an hour after we left the house. Husband opens the back of the car and starts taking out my bike. This is when husband realizes he has forgotten something. I'm thinking wheel, helmet, something like that. No, he forgot his entire bike. Ha! Whose got the most forgetful prize for this week? Not me! :)

No comments: