Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday

OK, I am beginning to feel like a soft boiled egg and someone is hitting me with a fork. ie) I feel like I am about to crack (from the stress of my mom's medical situation).

She had a tough recovery from the triple bypass. Physically she is doing a lot better. She seems very stressed mentally. I am tired mentally from 3 weeks of this. Trying not to snap. Also my 6 year old has been a hellion mornings and evenings (days he is in school). It is REALLY wearing me down.

I skipped my bike class yesterday. Not a good precedent.

I am not giving up though. Lots of people are saying "Take some time for you" . Oh, how exactly do I do that right now besides skipping work or something?

Anyways... sorry for the Debbie Downer post. Maybe this weekend will go a little better. Winter has come to kick our ass. It is dumping snow and drivers in this city will create chaos because of it. Sidewalks will be treacherous. It is overdue though. We have had nice weather longer than I expected us to.

So.... I will attempt some indoor, at home, exercise greatness in the next 3 days. I will report back when I achieve something.

Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Awwww....I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. It gets better - bypass recovery is a big deal and it's very emotional for everyone. Your mom will start to feel much better soon, and it sounds like she has great family and professional support, too. Do that inside stuff - exercise helps to beat stress! (I know, I'm one to talk - but Cindy and I have a run booked on Saturday.)

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

It's a real challenge to have family members in the hospital.

Things will get better. Just hold on.

T

Nickiechickie said...

I hope this week will be better since your Mom is at location closer to home.
Take care!

Fatinah said...

I hope your mom feels better soon. Is she depressed? It is a lot of work to help a family member get better - especially when you're busy raising a family. Hope hubby is giving a hand.

I hope that you are able to steal some moments for yourself wether it is to jump on the eliptical for 10 minutes or do some yoga - just to clear your mind even. 10 minutes might be long enough to get an endorphin or two to help you deal with all that you have on your plate right now.

Stay strong - you can make it through this!